Welcome to the OHSSL!
Action Proposal for Executive Committee:
The Ohio High School Speech League (OHSSL) encourages and thanks you for submitting ideas for improving and developing all aspects of League business. To facilitate a uniform approach to submission and to ensure the Executive Committee receives all pertinent information, please complete the online form linked below as fully as possible.
- Online Form - Click Here
August 24, 2014 Updates:
- 2014-2015 OHSSL Membership Application (see "Member Schools")
- Policy Debate Proposal Survey for Coaches (see "Meetings")
- 2015 State Tournament Staffing Application (see "Meetings" or "State Finals")
August 17, 2014 Updates:
- OHSSL New Program Grant - Description and Application (see "Member Schools")
August 12, 2014 Updates:
- Executive Committee - July Meeting Overview Posted (see "Meetings")
- Expository Speaking Details Published (see "Manuals")
Spring 2014 Issue of OHIOspeaks:
- Coaching / Teaching Positions - Lordstown (Youngstown District)
- English Teacher / IE Coach - St. Ignatius (Cleveland District) - UPDATED June 5
- Debate Coach - South Range (Youngstown District)
Ohio's 2014 NCFL Grand Nationals Finalists and Semi-finalists:
- National Champions - PF Debate - Tim Perevozchikov and Zach Kirsch (Hawken School)
- National Champion - Dramatic Performance - Aaron Dalton (Beavercreek)
- 3rd Place - Duo - Johnny D'Andrea and Jennifer Rondinelli (Cardinal-Mooney)
- 5th Place - Extemp - Brian Duricy (Howland)
- 5th Place - Congress - Will Mascaro (Hawken School)
- Semi-finalist - Dramatic Performance - Dan Duran (Poland Seminary)
- Semi-finalist - Duo - Alex DiBell and Emilia Sherin (Howland)
- Semi-finalist - Extemp - Yijia Liang (Upper Arlington)
- The Wright Award for Excellence in Debate - Hawken School
Important News and Updates:
- 2014-2015 OHSSL Tentative Tournament Schedule is UPDATED (July 21) in "Calendar"
- 2014 State Tournament Pictures Now Posted! - Click Here
- 2014-2015 OHSSL Executive and District Committees are posted in "Leadership"
- 2014 OHSSL Finals Top Competitors Updated in "Champions"
- Debate Ballots posted on 2014 State Finals page
- 2014 State Tournament Results Packet
- Click Here for 2014-2015 Policy Debate Topic Results
- Click Here for the Fall 2013 (Debut Edition) of "OHIOspeaks"
Comments: Contact Linda Miller (OHSSL Executive Director)
7350 Bard Road, Tipp City, OH 45371
1-866-727-6477 or (937) 667-3955
Fax: (937) 669-8822